Team 14. Ringlet / Rawane Affara

Hey everyone!

I would like to express my appreciation for all of your feedback and support :pray:t2: It was very helpful!

Click on the link below to view my presentation and pitch:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1l7dtipYtgNTy4JhVTOQVD0b5DFP-vBby?usp=sharing

If you’d like to be more supportive, please follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter:

https://m.facebook.com/Ringlet.learning/

https://instagram.com/ringlet.learning?igshid=1hhtdbhhari

https://twitter.com/LearningRinglet?s=08

NOTE FROM ACSI TEAM
Thank you for watching the video. We invite you to give feedback to this team by filling the form on this link: https://www.pitchworthy.org/acsi-sprint-demo-day-judging-form

3 Likes

Here are your questions from demo day, please try to answer them as best as you can. There are some overlapping questions so make sure you read through them all and create broad answers for the different categories

Anonymous: who is the team behind this?
the 4 K you are asking for, will cover initial phase? what about scaling up your business?
Anonymous: It would be great to see some results in the presentation. Have you started collaborating with schools for trials?
Sandy Fahed: Who is exactly your audience? individual students? schools?
Why for instance would a school invest in your platform instead of using or upgrading their own?
Caroline Isaac-Hamdan: What do you anticipate being your largest problems?
Azhar: Will there be a curriculum available in arabic aswell? How will teachers be able to contribute their own content?
Anonymous: Can add more details regarding solution implementation
Anonymous: How does the platform integrate the curriculum and how is it supported by teaching practices?
TJ: - I’m still not sure how the AI bit works. Can we understand that a bit better?
Anonymous: Amazing initiative. Why only set it for in schools topics and activities when you can design it for any topic a child is keen to learn. It also could be replicated for adults who struggle to learn something new. It wasn’t clear who is the team.
Danielle: wonderful project. Best of luck!
Anonymous: Could you please tell us about your budget and next milestones?
Anonymous: Consider having a tech person in your team. Your project is all based on AI and technical things so just having someone to build the algorithm you want and leave may not be a goof solution.
Mark Dickinson: Why did you skip the finance?

1 Like

Hope I’ve answered your questions. If you have any other questions or suggestions, I am all ears.

Anonymous: who is the team behind this?
the 4 K you are asking for, will cover initial phase? what about scaling up your business?

I’m the founder, and I’m outsourcing development and graphic design.

The 4K is for the next phase, which is the phase that requires AI software and content integration. The MVP is currently being developed, and the payment for that phase is available.

Anonymous: It would be great to see some results in the presentation. Have you started collaborating with schools for trials?

I have contacted several schools in Saida, and both public and private schools have agreed to collaborate with us for trials - as soon as we’re ready to present our MVP.

Sandy Fahed: Who is exactly your audience? individual students? schools?
Why for instance would a school invest in your platform instead of using or upgrading their own?

Hey Sandy!

We’re targeting schools and individual users (students and teachers).

In the next phase, we will be implementing the AI software and integrating content by collaborating with other educational platforms. So, one of the reasons that makes Ringlet worth the investment is having access to several resources and tools for a lower price, as we’d be providing them with a library of high-end books, videos, games, and other resources. Also, the quantitative data we’ll be collecting from several schools would strengthen the AI software and provide better solutions. However, if they choose to create or upgrade their own platform, then they may limit their growth on the long run, since the data collected will only be based on their own curricula and resources.

Caroline Isaac-Hamdan: What do you anticipate being your largest problems?

Some of the difficulties that are prone to arise are the following:
Resisting organisational culture shift
Lack of management support for the change
Government policies and unprecedented changes

Azhar: Will there be a curriculum available in arabic aswell? How will teachers be able to contribute their own content?

Yes, we will be creating an Arabic section of the current MVP in the next phase. We also hope to expand and create a French section in the near future.

Absolutely, teachers will be able to create their own content and share it with other teachers on the platform. Also, we are considering monetizing content creation and sharing as a way to harness creativity and increase productivity.

Anonymous: Can add more details regarding solution implementation
Anonymous: How does the platform integrate the curriculum and how is it supported by teaching practices?

Every school will be able to upload and create curricula using Ringlet, which will provide them with the structure, tools and academic resources that will supplement teaching to ensure student objective mastery.

A lot of teachers find it difficult to pinpoint a student’s potential areas of improvement during school hours, and students in underprivileged schools are almost never provided with the skills and support they need during or after school. During periods of crisis, like the one we’re all going through, it is almost impossible for a teacher to identify weaknesses and supplement a struggling student using Zoom. Ringlet is being built to organize curricula, identify areas of improvement and strengths (track progress), and modify a student’s action plan accordingly. Based on their behavior and progress, the platform will provide users with cues and tips to enhance their performance meticulously.

I hope the above answer your questions.

TJ: - I’m still not sure how the AI bit works. Can we understand that a bit better?

Implementing the AI software will allow us to personalize every student’s action plan based on the curriculum set by the school or coordinator (or on Ringlet’s curricula) . So, AI will track user behavior (pace, hesitation, hints, correct/incorrect answers, etc) on the platform to determine what a student’s areas of improvement and strengths using taxonomies of educational objectives. Then, the platform will modify duration, resources, objectives provided depending on the data.

Anonymous: Amazing initiative. Why only set it for in schools topics and activities when you can design it for any topic a child is keen to learn. It also could be replicated for adults who struggle to learn something new. It wasn’t clear who is the team.

This is exactly why the platform can be accessed by individual users, not only educational institutions.

Danielle: wonderful project. Best of luck!

Thank you Danielle!

Anonymous: Could you please tell us about your budget and next milestones?

We’re almost done with the initial phase, but we need at least 4k to implement an AI software and integrate content, while testing the MVP in nearby schools.

Milestones:

Gathering quantitative data from different schools to improve the model

Adding multiple languages and curricula to the platform

Collaborating with global academic resource and content providers

Launching product in Lebanon

Expanding to other countries

Revolutionizing the educational system and providing everyone with access to quality education

Anonymous: Consider having a tech person in your team. Your project is all based on AI and technical things so just having someone to build the algorithm you want and leave may not be a goof solution.
Mark Dickinson: Why did you skip the finance?

I actually talked about it while I was still on the previous slide, but I didn’t say “NEXT” when I should’ve.

1 Like

Wow - you got a lot of inquisitive questions Rawane. Great job answering them.

I’m Dana with the ACSI and PW team :slight_smile: I’ve had the rewarding pleasure of working with many startups and seeing hundreds of pitches, and I was so happy to see your wonderful presentation last week.

I have some quick feedback for you regarding your slides. I love your design template. It’s fun and warm. I wanted to share one small recommendation based on some colour-conflict happening. For example, the dark blue background and the red lines in your budget plan.

I recommend as much as you can, stick to white font. You can play with its weight (bold, medium, thin) to differentiate headers, titles, subheaders etc.

Another point regarding your questions. I know you received a question about AI. I’ve been told by AI experts to avoid using the word AI early on in your startup because of the fact that AI starts with data collection (BIG amounts of it)… so build the foundations of your startup and in turn your pitch presentation on effective data collection and data storing/organizing practices.

If you want to successfully create solutions using machine learning, the first focus should be the collection of high quality data. If you already have this data or you’re buying it, then mention that as the basis of the machine learning.

Here’s an interesting list of tools to use for data collection: AI Data Solutions | TELUS International

Hope this is helpful!

@Rawaneaffara