Team 15. TapnLearn / Ahmad Aref Merhabi

NOTE FROM ACSI TEAM
Thank you for watching the video. We invite you to give feedback to this team by filling the form on this link: https://www.pitchworthy.org/acsi-sprint-demo-day-judging-form

4 Likes

Hi @tapnlearn very interesting project you have here! I liked the pace of the presentation and it was pretty clear to me. Maybe add some excitement and energy in the voice to keep the attention of the crowd high. Wish you good luck!

Thank you Alexandre, i will try to do that.

TapnLearn Presentation final pitch.pdf (934.7 KB)

Copy of Grant Budget- ACSI 2020 - Sheet1.pdf (55.0 KB)

Here are your questions from demo day, please try to answer them as best as you can. There are some overlapping questions so make sure you read through them all and create broad answers for the different categories

Anonymous: will you provide preset course materials to teachers?
Anonymous: Are you creating content in all three spoken languages in Lebanon… Arabic, English, French?
Mark Dickinson: the Why? is not clear enough
Anonymous: Will your solution get rid of standard school sessions it wasn’t clear? How will you prepare students for standardized tests?
Anonymous: what is your future plan? especially now everyone is moving in the same direction as yours.
Anonymous: I need more clarity , what is the solution you are providing?
Anonymous: How are you planning to combine 45-60 min of information into 3 min Videos?
Anonymous: Problem statement pretty broad. What is the objective? to complement? substitute f2f? what is the added value?
Anonymous: When / Where / How are these videos going to be used? And how to they complement the teaching practice?
Anonymous: Squeeze the 50 minute learning into 3 minutes? Where does that put interactivity? examples, etc. ? Is this totally connected to the Lebanese Brevet curriculum?
TJ: You make some powerful claims about how effective your solution is vis a vis competitors. I would like to see some actual data to support this. Do you have it? Maybe this is a focus for the accelerator…
Anonymous: My online question is: Are you having any partnerships?

Anonymous: will you provide preset course materials to teachers?

No Preset materials, the teachers are in full control on the material they are using we simply control the form this material is delivered and they need to abide to certain standards we specify.

Anonymous: Are you creating content in all three spoken languages in Lebanon… Arabic, English, French?

the two main languages will be french and English for the scientific courses and of course the courses in arabic will be in arabic.

Mark Dickinson: the Why? is not clear enough.

the reason so many students are having trouble in school is because the educational tools have not evolved with the students interests. Our method aims to reignite the interest in learning in a short time period thus allowing the student the free time they need.

Anonymous: Will your solution get rid of standard school sessions it wasn’t clear? How will you prepare students for standardized tests?

For the time being, we aim to support school education not replace it. you can consider it as a replacement of private tutoring. Our courses are prepared by the best teachers in their field with the purpose of passing the standardized tests.

Anonymous: what is your future plan? especially now everyone is moving in the same direction as yours.

So far no one is doing the same course presentation as we. and we have multiple function that we can add as soon as the launch is done. The market is big and we aim to take as much as we can from it.

Anonymous: I need more clarity , what is the solution you are providing?

We are providing online courses in a animated and summarized way.

Anonymous: How are you planning to combine 45-60 min of information into 3 min Videos?

the normal classroom session only have 10 to 15 minutes of actual learning, the rest will be wasted on multiple things like talking, group work, questions and such… the remaining time can be summarized into a easy 5 minutes video.

Anonymous: Problem statement pretty broad. What is the objective? to complement? substitute f2f? what is the added value?

We are currently working on supporting the school learning with the hope that one day we can replace it. The aim is to provide the knowledge to the students in a more appealing method that lines up with their interests. Ou method is more fun, takes less time and more affordable then current methods.
Anonymous: When / Where / How are these videos going to be used? And how to they complement the teaching practice?

The videos will be on a mobile platform viewed on any portable device linked to the internet. The condensed information presented in a more attractive way will enhance the student understanding of the course. Plus it is supported by interactive exercise and problems.

Anonymous: Squeeze the 50 minute learning into 3 minutes? Where does that put interactivity? examples, etc. ? Is this totally connected to the Lebanese Brevet curriculum?

the normal classroom session only have 10 to 15 minutes of actual learning, the rest will be wasted on multiple things like talking, group work, questions and such… the remaining time can be summarized into a easy 5 minutes video. As mentioned before, this is currently to support school education so for example if the students watch the video before class then the class session can simply be a session of group work and practice.

TJ: You make some powerful claims about how effective your solution is vis a vis competitors. I would like to see some actual data to support this. Do you have it? Maybe this is a focus for the accelerator…

The focus group testing proved positive however collecting data will be for the next couple of month after we launched the app and got feedback from students.

Anonymous: My online question is: Are you having any partnerships?

No partnerships yet.

Hello @tapnlearn, this is a very interesting approach to learning. I’ve read the answer to your questions about how you are going to take the actual 10-15 minutes of learning and summarize it in a 3-minute video. I think the presentation is missing a demonstration of how this would work. You may want to consider creating a 1.5-minute video of an example so that audience can understand your model better. Also, you may want to consider adding some statistical data about the number of young people using social media tools and platforms.

3 Likes