A great way to start. ~Fadi Hasrouni~

Hola,
I’m so excited to join you guys. I am Fadi, a software engineer, and I really love what I do.
I truly believe that communication can affect our productivity and benefit all of us, and helping each other can be beneficial in so many ways. I did a presantation on this topic.
I think we can start by a ted talk that I personally attended :smiley:

Feel free to ask me anything about myslef (Although I listed many many things :stuck_out_tongue: )

Have a good day

1 Like

Hello Fadi!

Yes, I totally agree that communication is critical. Personally, I find that while I’m discussing with others I have new ideas, also that while answering someone’s questions I am giving answers that I need to hear. What was your talk’s main points? Could you share a link with us of your video?

Have a beautiful day!
Warmly,
Bilal Ghalib

1 Like

Basically i did some research about communication and how it affects productivity and created an 18 mins presentation in my work. It was not recorded, and it’s main goal was to improve our presentation skills.

1 Like

Wonderful. This is something that I think all of our teams can benefit from. One of Pitchworthy’s fundamentals is the importance of being able present your project with energy and clarity. We’re going to be repeating that as a core part of our practice all throughout the program starting with your first video pitch this Saturday!

What advice could you give to the teams who are going to be asked to share a 2 min video about themselves and the project?

+BG

2 Likes

Hey @fadi.hasrouni nice to e-meet you!

Effective communication is one of our main values at Bootcamp! I picked up a great quote from the video:

“It’s the outstanding collaborators who enjoy the long careers because bringing out the best in others is how they found the best in themselves.”

Good share! OH and good question @bilal!

1 Like

Thanks for pulling out this Quote @Dana! I think it could be great to have a “inspiration” category to have a warehouse of quotes like this that inspire us. I always believed that inspiration is food, we need a little bit every day to remind us of our values and to keep moving. What do you think @fadi.hasrouni? Do you have any quotes or sources of inspiration? Should we make a topic for that kind of content?

1 Like

1 vote, yes! We could call it “Brain Food”

1 Like

@bilal well, for now, I do not have any advice, the video will show us the personality of each one and their project ideas. It is interesting to know how every body thinks.
@Dana yes I really do like this quote from the video, in fact, this video is full of inspiring quotes.
And yes food is an inspiration, well at least shawarma is. :heart_eyes:
Inspiration Quote: Everybody is a Genius. But If You Judge a Fish by Its Ability to Climb a Tree, It Will Live Its Whole Life Believing that It is Stupid. Einstein.
We all are geniuses :sunglasses:
I think we can get inspired in the most unusual places or situations, we can make a small discussion about it yes.
+1 for “Brain Food”

2 Likes

@fadi.hasrouni how hard it is to work on a startup with your sister? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
I shouldn’t be laughing because I got my sister in on this too.

2 Likes

@maria.hasrouny hahahaha easy easy :stuck_out_tongue:
Ohhhh @rabih, I think we both feel the same about it hahaha.

1 Like

@fadi.hasrouni and @rabih You’re both lucky :wink:

1 Like

@maria.hasrouny True

2 Likes

@Dana I vote for “brain food”
Hope you all benefit from this quote I’m sharing:
“It’s not the hours you put in your work that counts, it’s the work you put in your hours.” — Sam Ewing

4 Likes

Do you wanna switch teams?

1 Like

Great quotes all around.

For the most part, there is always one key team characteristic when you work with family… trust.

P.S. @fadi.hasrouni could you edit the title of your intro topic to include your name? That’ll help people navigate through the intro topics easier. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks @fadi.hasrouni

@maria.hasrouny - That’s a beautiful quote. I’m wondering if you can expand what it means for you. For me I feel like it’s talking about the importance of effectiveness and planning before spending a ton of hours doing something. It reminds me of this quote:

“If you have to cut down a tree in ten minutes, spend the first two sharpening your ax.”
-Anonymous

If you want to add some ideas to the list we’re gathering here for the name of that room. I’m going to save your quote to remind you to put it up when we create it. :slight_smile: You can add your ideas here: New Category for INSPIRATION - what should it be called?