Carpooling for students!

My idea is to create a platform that will connect students together where the main objective is carpooling with a twist! This idea will be a win-win situation to all:

• Students that have their own cars will make extra pocket money which they will be more than happy to do
  • Students without cars will pay lower fares than the usual standard transport and be happy to elevate their transportation experience if they use the public transport
  • Reduce pollution and cars emissions and help in saving the environment
  • Create a friendly experience and companionship especially for long distance trips
  • Reduce traffic and students need to buy cars for their own because of the public transport inconveniences

guys let me know what do you think and if you can assist in your own expertise/domain?! :smile:
More details to come…

1 Like

we need carpooling to work in lebanon so bad ! maybe you could free dbaye road :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

YES PLEASE! We definitely need less traffic. I like that your idea is catered to students specifically. Check out what Carpolo is doing and tell us what you would do differently: https://www.carpolo.co/

2 Likes

Hi Dara, first it would be exclusive to students, their reward is immediate cash on their credit card pretty much like uber or careem functions instead of rewards like carpolo. Even sponsorships later on would be more like cash rewards for both drivers and users which will make it exciting for both. I would do a more user friendly app and much more fun to use! The user would be paying less fares than the uber service for example yet a bit more than the local transportation service so that it makes sense and entices both the user and driver to use it! Collaborations with youth cards, bank cards…etc later to also make it more rewarding!

1 Like

Yes Rida!! Thank you for your reply earlier on too :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Excellent! Did you start working on your pitch deck?

I will start now that the sprint is on!!!

2 Likes

Carpolo has been around for years in Lebanon. Tones of investments, major partnerships, a lot of advertising.
0 success. Absolutely nothing.
Carpooling doesn’t work with strangers. Carpooling isn’t for Lebanon. I don’t trust my friend’s driving, why would I trust a stranger?
What if I get kidnapped, raped, mugged, sexualy assaulted by a fake account? What happened to don’t get into a stranger’s car?

Good day,
Rabih

1 Like

Hello Rabih, many thanks for your feedback. This startup is meant to be exclusive to students and to be part of it they should register with their lebanese and university ID and there is an approval process before they can use it. We are all taking a risk by using uber or careem If we don’t want to use the public transport but the intention is to make it more exclusive and controlled in that sense. :grin:

2 Likes

Are universities giving you access to their student data? How will you verify it? Where is my data stored?
BTW I can hook you up with an NDU fake ID with NFC so you can enter the paid parking lot for free.

1 Like

Thank you for all the tips! Will consider all your points.

What tips. I want answers