Dekkene...eat healthy and have fun! by carla

awaiting for your feedbackk

6 Likes

Hey Carla,
I found your idea super interesting. I believe it will have a huge positive impact once it will be implemented in our schoolsā€¦and deep down I wish it existed back in my recess-filled-with-chocolate days.

Best of luck and keep moving forward!

1 Like

Hello Anthony thank you so much and best wishes for you too

If I had kids, I would definitely use this! I would even use this for myself actually

Thank youu!!! Interesting approachā€¦ How and what for would you use it ?

Iā€™d love to eat in a more healthy way but I donā€™t always have time to shop and cook so being able to choose a healthy diet personalised to my needs would be amazing

3 Likes

Interesting approachā€¦ will be taken into consideration for another startup!
Thank you for sharing this.

3 Likes

@anthony.sayegh Iā€™m interested in seeing you present your project, have you figured out how to useloom.com ?
Happy Monday everyone!
Sending out todayā€™s morning quote soon!

2 Likes

Dear Cousin, while seeing the presentation i was thinking ā€œlet kids enjoy earing whatever they loveā€ and they will tackle the diet issue laterā€¦ so it was my emotional first impression! However logically analyzing your idea, indeed kids health should be taken into consideration at home & at schools as well, furthermore kids should be aware of health issue so they grow having a solid foundation about diet & its consequences on their health.
It is a nice concept wishing you all the best of luck & success.

1 Like

1.Kids are not allowed to use phones at schools.
2.I donā€™t want my kid to be attached to his phone during recess.
3.You mean to tell me that a school will pay you for kids to use an app and make the purchase time longer and less profitable.
4.You need tech savvy workers. Your schoolā€™s dekkene is ran by a 60 year old woman named madame Ų¹ŁŲ§Ł.
4.Stop trying to solve everything with an app. Just pack you kidā€™s lunch at home. Sandwich picon ma3 5yar.

hello rabih,
Thank you for your feedback, i think you did not quiet understand the concept of Dekkene.
so let me answer your points and i will brief you.
The app is offered to the parents who have the phone and the purchasing is a preorder so kids wonā€™t use the app during recess where phones are not allowed.
parents download the app and specify any nutritional allergies or preferences related to each of their kids so that they have acccess only to food that is healthy for them
At school they only have a bracelet with an identification code that the kid scans to collect his order. and scanning a code is easy enough for even madame afaf to use it. just like a cashier at the supermarket.
moreover we will be providing all the trainings needed just in case.
Schools are benefiting of this system, since it makes the management more efficient with more transparency and less waste since it is based on pre order and cash free. they are also gaining a good competitive image what will attract more parents to register their kids at their school since they care about their studentsā€™ health.
unfortunately parents nowadays have a busy lifestyle and would be thankful if we provide their kids with healthy food. plus may i ask you if you call picon among healthy food that you would feed your kids with?
and will you prefer that sandwich to a balanced healthy meal prepared freshly for the kid to eat ?
By the way studies have shown that when food turns healthier sales increase by more than 18%. and since Dekkene is based on the purchasing power of parents not kids, this will make the kioskā€™s work more profitable not less profitable.
I hope it is clearer now, and we are open for any constructive feedbackā€¦looking forward to hear back from you rabih!!

2 Likes

Hey,
Iā€™m known to be the one with the destructive feedback. ā€œgood job, great ideaā€ feedbacks suck.

So as a parent do I have to go everyday on the app and pick my kidā€™s food? Is the menu stable? How healthy are we talking?
If my kid finishes his meal and heā€™s still hungry. Only online dekkene is available. What to do?
Why not establish a school pre-set healthy lunch and skip the app? Solving problems the old fashion way.
How much would I pay per meal per recess?

@rabih the below link can help you improve your feedback skills on your way to successā€¦ Enjoy! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

the menu is customized.
you can go into the app once per week and choose for all the recesses and all the days of the week if you want set the order and add a wishlist for 10 min or less
how healthy are we talking? wayy healthy than beforeā€¦
hungry?? we need to regulate quality and quantity of food kids eat because obesity nowadays is a global problemā€¦ 5 over 6 teenagers is overweight.
we are not going to set a preset menu treating everybody the same way and disregarding allergies preferences needsā€¦
you would pay for the meal the price set by the schoolā€¦ we are not the ones who sell meals.

2 Likes

love it its interesting indeed !!

Hey cousin, you can send your reply the old fashion way by writing a letter & sending it by post to be received 2-3 months later :wink:
@carlazkh

1 Like

Destructive feedback is good for grownups or people taking their business seriously, at least it uncovers the truth and ignites change, and it shows us how life is sometimesā€¦ painfullll

How can anything destructive be positive? Unless you mean disruptiveā€¦ These are 2 very different attitudes!

1 Like

No i meant destructive, not exactly positive but it sometimes works

Yes, sometimes when one is clear about whatā€™s really happening and whatā€™s working in ones business it might need to be changed. When you build something with LEGO and itā€™s time to build a new project it needs to be disassembled. Making space, disassembling, pivoting, all these words can replace a word that has some negative associations :slight_smile:
So many words, letā€™s pick the one that inspires us and gives us a positive framing.
After the harvest before we plant new seeds we till the earth.

2 Likes