Dunya’s signature strength

Bravery!
I have always faced my fears, never ran away from or postponed a task or an act that i feared. For example, i had 2 incidents of drowning and being saved in the last moment, after which i couldn’t get near water, but bravery is my strength, so i faced my fears and enrolled myself in swimming classes, now water is my comfort zone!
I used bravery today-7th of Aug 2019-in a different way! I ran a 20-min meeting with a customer in a language that i always hesitate to use, due to the fact that i am not so fluent in speaking it, yet i faced the fear of trembling and i finished the meeting with satisfactory results.

1 Like

Awesome Dunya!!
It was clear from your presence in the workshop that you have the strength of bravery. That’s something I’d like to learn from you by modeling it :).
What sorts of thoughts went in your head when you were confronting the water? How did you move past them, I’d love to learn from you.

Awesome! Is that a new way that you are using bravery? Our goal today is to use our Signature Strength in a way that stretches us a bit, brings light into new spaces in our life.

Facing water took a month of preparation and 3 seconds of true bravery when i said, i will float alone, no supporters no trainer and i will do it now, no second thought.
Today’s Approach was totally new to me, maybe it is normal to others, but i never conduct a call with a customer in a language of which i’m not in full control, because i would not be able to deliver the right message. However, using the same language as your customer will make him/her feel more comfortable, this aspect i have neglected due to fear of trembling.

1 Like