Elyssa's intro and pitch

Hey everyone : ) This is the link to the 2 min youtube intro : )

Cheers!
elyssa

4 Likes

Hey @elyssa.metissa

First of all this is a great idea (this would be helpful for a student living in a huge campus which is my case)
My question is: how are going to convince people to go for reusable bottles, since in my small community (at least) people would say that buying a bottle of water, throw it when it is done, buying another and repeating such cycle would be their preferred choice.

2 Likes

Hello @elyssa, great time management! Thanks for getting your video in early.

You’ve covered a lot, partners, test market in under a minute! People always say 1 minute is so little but you proved that’s more than enough.

I didn’t quite hear enough about the app so I feel it’s just an extension of the solution - or is it a big part of the solution itself?

I’m huge on playing my part in keeping the environment a beautiful place. I believe in cohesive living. I currently pay $10/month to Recycle Beirut to get my recyclables picked up and I carry a water bottle where ever I go (as much as I can) but it is so heavy. Sometimes, I have no choice but to buy a plastic bottle and that frustrates me so much.

I have to admit sometimes when convenience trumps environmental friendliness by leaps and bounds, I choose convenience. Sometimes! Am I a bad person? I don’t know. Will we get to a point where environmentally friendly solutions ARE the convenient solution. I hope so.

2 Likes

Hi @elyssa.metissa, great to hear more about your project … and you! :slight_smile:

Yes, I love the idea as well … and look forward to learning more about it. A few quick questions …

1. Have you thought about the simplest way to try this? Even Beirut is big … but what about starting with a particular company, or building, or if you want to start with universities, then a particular campus?

2. I’m curious to learn more about the link between the water (which is inherently an offline/physical product), and the app (which is online). And once again … what could be some of the simplest ways to test this idea before spending much money.

3. And BEFORE you answer any of those questions … could you tell us a bit more about the current status of the project? What have you tested / tried / developed so far?

Rock on! :rocket:

Cheers.

DMN

2 Likes

Hi @elyssa.metissa. I like your idea, your energy and your time management as @Dana said.
2 years ago, i started recycling the empty bottles of water through the Recycling Reverse Vending Machines, a Spinneys initiative, and i am proud of myself; i feel that i am contributing to reducing the amount of waste ending up in landfills :smiley: And i believe that your idea is a starting point for people to get used to segregate their waste and recycle it.
Can you please expand more on the role of the water companies and the water distribution points that you mentioned in your video?

1 Like

First up, Awesome idea! high five
I personally am a fan of customization and personalization. Hopefully we’ll integrate your app with our API and make your bottle customization seamless. We got your back so go be awesome.
Copywriting, PR like you’re like a mirror to my interests. I’m currently finishing (writing) a book/course on digital marketing which includes a huge part on copywriting and PR. I’d love to have a professional’s opinion if you have any free time.

I have one last concern. I have a fresh water fountain next to my house “sabil” so i see a lot of people daily heading there to fill up 10-20 gallons of water and they usually fight over the water. if you install a clean and decent water supply fountain. how will you deal with these people?

Stay awesome!

1 Like

Hi @elyssa.metissa ! Loved your intro and your video - you are really inspiring - the project is definitely super promising but i guess we need to become more used to it as a country (starting with myself)

Loved your artistic/musical side!!

1 Like