Engraving your story ... Need Feedback

Hello wonderful people!!!
I want to present my idea to get some feedback.
Excuse me if I went wrong with any idea or I have misunderstood anything.

So first if anyone can clarify this question for me please:
If I have an idea and full plan to start working on it, does that be fit to pitch for? I mean pitching for an idea is not on the real ground.

My idea is about engraving others stories on certain materials like wood, clothes, metal, glass,…
It’s mainly about getting stories from children who suffer for example, refugee children, children who couldn’t go to school or orphan children or other stories that I might cover. Then there would be website for presenting the items.
This is in general the idea … I am looking forward for the feedback because I really want to see it on the real ground and work on this idea. Sometimes there are many children specifically, who need to be seen and heard and engraving their stories would be telling story that wouldn’t be easily forgotten.

P.S: I can offer more details regarding the business plan and market model.

1 Like

Engrave couple’s love stories for weddings, anniversaries, new born…
Don’t go into dark places to please the title “social enterprise”. Printing can never be anything other than a pure profit.
Focus on the fun part.
Shameless plug. Check out fazlaket.com

1 Like

It’s a nice creative idea. I like rabih’s points. Tell us more about the business plan

Thank you @rabih for your feedback … I will consider the optimistic side of course.
I should clear one point that it is not printing and selling … it is more creative way of engraving using machines and hand craft at the same time. AND it is not just selling the item … it is buying and getting the money to help, the more we get the more we help. There would be also big part dedicated for education purposes.

2 Likes

So like an NGO? Did you think about the price tags? Because laser engraving isn’t cheap.

So basically the prices would vary according to the type of materials and te size. And I am lucky enough to have one machine that will lower the cost at the beginning but if this idea worked well good then it would require more machines.
Also I wouldn’t consider that as NGO @rabih

@rabih has a point @rma156. He’s in the industry so he’s the expert here. I can feel the cause you’re trying to work on and I love the idea it’s touching, but maybe if we can think of a — better - more effective - cheaper— way to execute it, something that wouldn’t require a high cost perhaps at the beginning for you to be able to test the market and see if actually people are interested to buy this product. Trust me sometimes we tend to over assume things that are totally different from what really happens on the ground. Best of luck!!!

Thank you Alaa!!
Yes sure I will consider every single notes and comments, I am presenting my idea in small line to see and get feedback to work on.