Fadi Hasrouni Video

Here is my introduction video I hope you like it guys.
And I think after we learn from each others we will get a lot better at this. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello @fadi.hasrouni
Well there are some similarities between your idea and our idea (different target customers) so thereā€™s a good chance to exchange ideas between us!
Just a simple question are you going ti be responsible for delivery or is it going to be the store?

2 Likes

@fadi.hasrouni whoa your credentials are amazing.

Are you reading though?

With your credentials, I feel like you could do this on a whim! Give it a try.

Also, whereā€™s @maria.hasrouny, I loved your intro Maria and was really looking forward to meeting you. Perhaps weā€™ll see you in future vids.

I think itā€™s wonderful that you have such complimentary skills as siblings!

Regarding the solution, I currently used Pinterest and Houzz to help with the interior decoration of my home. I love the vastness of selection that they have. It was also so easy to search through them photos. And if there was anything I liked, I would ask friends and theyā€™d tell me where I could find it. Some stuff I got custom made. I was interested to know how you will curate so much content and how you will make that content searchable.

1 Like

Great to hear your intro video, @fadi.hasrouni and @maria.hasrouny! (Another example of siblings spelling their last name differently, as well! :slight_smile: )

Could you tell us just briefly about the current status of the project?

For both your project and @mahmoud_trabulsi, I think they are very interesting areas to work, and interesting problems ā€¦ but also very difficult. Weā€™ve seen several startups start in that field and then end up closing down ā€¦ or struggle to reach profitability. Iā€™m not saying that to discourage you, but just to encourage strong research and doing as much early validation as possible to help boost your chances of success.

For all such projects, Iā€™m a big fan of very cheap (low cost or no cost) ways of testing before actually building a custom solution. Could you do (or have you done) a manual ā€œconcierge MVPā€ (minimal viable product) to test out the processes and partners before you code a solution, for example? Or use some free/cheap online tools to test out different assumptions before you spend too much time+money building?

Anyway, those are some ideas, and weā€™ll talk more about all that stuff soon! ā€¦ look forward to learning more about you folks and your project as well!

Cheers,

Munir

1 Like

Quick additional note @fadi.hasrouni and @maria.hasrouny. First off, thanks for your energy and enthusiasm, and both submitting separate videos for this. :slight_smile:

For future team video submissions, though, please either:
(a) combine the videos into one video, or
(b) combine the videos into one post with two videos.

Also, there are some videos and time limits that will be per person, and others that will be per team. Just please keep an eye out for that stuff.

Thanks much, and best wishes! :slight_smile:

Yes mahmoud i noticed the similarity too. We will be having two delivery systems:

• Most of the galleries have their own delivery, so they can deliver their product anywhere.
  • For products that will not be delivered by the gallery we will deliver the item (Aramex or Wakilni)

The delivery will be defined in the showroom account.
There is something i didnā€™t mention in the video is that anyone that sells interior products can have an account on our platform including Instagram pages. Those pages already have their delivery system so they will be sending their items not muchroom.

1 Like

Well @Dana we thought we should have different videos, but i do not think it is a problem because you got more information about us :smiley:

Will start step by step to populate our platform. It is not an easy job to be done but with our effort and hard work we can do it.

The platform is under development now and should be available online i think in one month or two. We will start by 5 showrooms for now and have a target of showrooms for each month.
I agree with you about the difficulty, I think if you let us know about the areas where the startups failed we can learn from their mistakes.

Well this is another thing in common, as freelance booksellers can sign up and can can show what do they have

I think mahmoud we can benefit each others by sharing information. I really like the idea that we have a lot of things in common. :+1:

1 Like

@Dana Pinterest and houzz are great website to get design inspiration, but you canā€™t find products available in the Lebanese market.
Yes you can ask friends or you can custom made the product you like, but wouldnā€™t be better if you can buy it online or at least you know where to find it without asking anyone.

1 Like

@maria.hasrouny I love what you are doing guys, Iā€™m a big fan of ā€œAntiqueā€ stuff. Not sure if you will include this time in your e-commerce. However, it could be a great idea if you put some cool pictures with the description of it. There is a huge market in Araya selling antique goods :smiley:

Yes of course we will be including Antique. In fact there is a showroom ready to join us that have some antique items. We will let you know about it and maybe you can place the first order. :smiley:

A previous member of Bootcamp launched http://www.derecipe.com. She no longer pursues it.

I have not asked her why directly but I can connect you with her.

My intuition tells me, she couldnā€™t make money from it! It was too costly to 1) create regular, beautiful content 2) find a way to get the designers to pay a fee (or give you a % of profit)ā€¦ why? I donā€™t know. Itā€™s worth investigating.

I am an online shopper and with the right pricing, as well as detailed specifications (height, length) of an itemā€¦ yes it would be better if I can buy it online without asking anyone.

It would even be greater if I could work with MoodFit in partnership with your solution to get an all-in-one service and products.

P.S. I was a Derecipe user but not a customer. I wouldnā€™t pay for what they offer as a ā€œdatabaseā€ but if shipping was convenient and friendlyā€¦ I would pay!

@fadi.hasrouni @maria.hasrouny

Yes we would be glad if you can connect us with so she could tell us her experience.
And concerning moodfit, yes i agree with you.

1 Like

Let me reach out to her and then perhaps connect you via email or send your her email address.

:slight_smile:

@dana I checked the website derecipe.com, the concept is totally different than what we are doing.
Our target is to create a platform to emphasis interior products not interior showrooms. So our content will be updated each time the showroom have new products. And we will be making money from the subscriptions of the showrooms, the ads they can post on the homepage, and the commission on the sold items.
Concerning Moodfit, I already discussed the project with Ghassan, the co-founder of Moodfit, but havenā€™t met with him yet. We will for sure collaborate with him.

Hello @maria.hasrouny yes, it isnā€™t the same but it is in the same space so I wanted to share some of her experiences with you. They are insight into the consumer purchasing habits in this space. And the designer marketing practices.

Iā€™ve emailed her and I am waiting for her response.

Great to hear about MoodFit.

1 Like