Fail in order to succeeded!

Hello this is Kifah,

I wanted to share an interesting story which I usually share with my participants in the training programs: If you want to be successful, then keep failing all the time"

Actually, failer is one of the most ingredients that help us shape successful results we aim to achieve and reach our objectives. And here what I mean by failure, is that we always keep trying until we reach the pre-set objectives. This takes us to another spot, that is a failure is only considered so, only in two cases: When we don’t learn from previous experience, and or, when we stop trying.

What do you think!

5 Likes

Hi @kifahbanna, thanks for sharing that story and idea/approach. Very true, and a great thing we should all keep in mind.

Can you tell us more about the trainings that you lead? Which ones do you do, and which ones are your favorite?

Cheers!

Well, I deliver training in the field of life skills, business development, and design thinking. Recently I’m focusing more on the last two. The aim of those training is to empower youth and entrepreneurs and help them come up with a sustainable business idea that is valid and can be scaled. All of this fall under livelihood programs.

And during the training, I support youth with tool and methods to present their ideas to the jury and showcase their prototype.

2 Likes

Great share @kifahbanna, I loved seeing this topic because we could all use the reminder - especially when things get tough!

What sort of life skills are your specialty? (time management, leading a team?)

1 Like

IThank you @Dana. When we treat failure as part of the system, then the vision for success will be much more achievable, by minimum cost :slight_smile:

Actually the topics that I have passion to deliver are not limited to: time management, presentation skills, body language, and communication skills

Regarding the business development and design thinking both fall under “The Lean Start-up” methodology.

Oh that’s great. Is there something you like to teach more than others? Which one of your training programs is a real crowd pleaser? Please don’t say all of them, I have no doubt they’re all wonderful!

I love this, I think using the word failure makes people afraid while every infant in the world knows that it’s going to have to fall down hundreds of times before it can walk. That before it will be understood it will speak in gibberish. Where did the bravery we once had go? Anytime we want to do something new let’s remember how we tried every possibility as a child and failed a bunch. It reminds me of a quote:

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
-Thomas Edison

I’m wondering if anyone from @bae-explorers have any favorite failures from their lives they’d like to share. Any failure that set you up for a future success?

I’ll share mine if someone else goes first :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, it depends on the audience, some of them love the business part while others like the design thinking and the innovation part. For me training is my passion so I love to teach any topic that empowers youth to realize their potential :blush: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I will be the first volunteer :smiley:
During my long career I have failed a lot, I have failed to be 4.0 GPA but succeeded to start my own business and now planning to establish the second one.
I have failed to be join the corporate world, but succeeded to be an freelance consultant
I have failed a lot to do presentations, but succeeded to become a trainer
… and the list goes on :wink:

The perfect video about failing :wink:
How NOT to land an orbital rocket… #elonmusk

3 Likes

I love this video. It totally reminds me of a child learning to walk.
Thanks for sharing @kifahbanna, what’s the story behind failing to do presentations and succeeding to become a trainer.

Personally I’ve applied 8/9 times (I lost count) to the same graduate school, over and over I really wanted in. They rejected me every time. Then they started to ask me to help them find great applicants from the middle east because of my contacts and some of the people I referred are now students at that school. It’s a strange story, something between a failure and a success. The way I see it is that I was supposed to be doing what I’m doing now, starting a business and communities in the Middle East, not in grad school in America. Sometimes you have to take the subtle (and not so subtle) suggestions of god when you’re trying to find your place in the world.
+BG

2 Likes

Amazing video. I’ll be sharing!

Hello,
If you want to fail, keep smiling but to succeed keep a grumpy face :slight_smile:
I think this is the correct one.
Rana