Feedback and suggestion for our logo - bkwrms

Hey all
We are currently working on the logo as one our tasks we have these 2 ideas
IMG-20180504-WA0037
as letter B
IMG-20180504-WA0025
as letter m

(both letters are present in the app’s name :stuck_out_tongue:)
we have 2 color options (and we can use change apply any color scheme on any of the options)

thanks for your feedback

1 Like

Hi @mahmoud_trabulsi, I might be missing something, can you explain why M and why B?

Okay B I understand, but I don’t get the M.
I like the colors of the B way more than the M. It’s more homogeneous.
Otherwise, in terms of graphics, did you try to curve out where you’ve straightened the middle part of the M.
Also, can you try one without the cutouts in the B.

Who’s doing your graphics?

@mahmoud_trabulsi

1 Like

@razan first of all thanks for your feedback

initially we were willing to have the word bkwrms as the logo with the m done in the shape given

we can try to do so

you mean the cutouts of the worm?

her name is Dareen Sanea

I suggest you work on another shape which is more simple and that reflects better your identity.
And concerning the colors, I would go with one or maximum two colors.

Try reading some articles about brand identity, it can help you better understand how to build a strong one, and how to think when designing your logo and when choosing your colors.

https://www.canva.com/learn/20-easy-tips-build-visual-brand-identity/

3 Likes

@maria.hasrouny thanks for your feedback
What we are currently working on is doing something that we had to start and ro finalize with a limited time (we had a fund to work on the logo and can only be used for the logo), and after getting suggestions from several people (around 30 who have various interests and fields so we can see things from more than 1 perspective) and laterwe settled for these 2 options

Our problem here was that we have to show 3 different things (books, the letter, and the worm) when we tried 1 or 2 colors (the designer recommended this at begining) it wasn’t good enough, so we had to go for 3 colors

This logo for us is something to start and to give ourselves an identity, I guess that we will work on something bigger while having more time and resources.
Thanks for the articles you shared, I’ll read them so that I can go for something better later on.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks @maria.hasrouny for all your advice! I found it amazing how much AirBnB packs into their logo, you can read more about their process here. Simplicity, the ability to recognize from a distance, without any colors (one color logo) and encoding meaning into it is the most important thing. Sometimes it’s just the word “Amazon” or “Google” with a specific font and color that carries a brand. Love the B and love all the advice here.
How would it look as a one color screen print? :slight_smile:
+BG