Mentors Feedback

Dear Scouters,

I would like to hear back from your experience with this round of mentors. Did you enjoy the matching process? Did you find a mentor that could help you? Did you have enough contact with your mentor during the sprint? What about during the event? What could we do to improve this experience next time?

Maybe @tudor wants to formalise this in a feedback form?

Regardless, I’d love to hear back from you @anis.ismail @mallah.amine @rjghalayini @AbirZaene @rida-helbawi @lina.p.alkhouri @mohamedelbaba @mjt07 @karim.kaakani @judehamze @hazim.malak @piachaib @laradaniel @HodaBitar @basselkanso82 @HadiSaade @G_Rayess @AlaaChbaro @anon41135632 @Qsm @wael and everone else!

3 Likes

I thought I’d wait to see if Tudor will make a special section for mentors feedback.
So here’s mine, the idea of introducing the mentors was very pleasant and happy for me !
But the thing is I think it should have happened a bit before… maybe in day 1, since we’d like a bigger impact and help from them, and have some time Incase we would like to do a physical meeting.,. I couldn’t talk to my mentor a lot, one of them was traveling and I got a auto reply ( she did reply 2 days ago and told me that she still wants to help ) and my second mentor we did exchange some emails and it was helpful.
So yeah that’s it I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

I loved the mentoring experience! Dana helped my team a lot and it was very fruitful.

Our assigned mentor during the sprint period, Hicham, was very helpful as well!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kinds words @lina.p.alkhouri. I could sense your passion and I see how far you’ve come. It was a pleasure mentoring you.

1 Like

The mentoring experience was great, the way we matched with them was helpful, however I believe it should happen at the beginning of the sprint, not at the end. I met with one of the mentors who was very helpful, and will be meeting again for further feedback

1 Like

I really loved the whole idea of matching us with mentors and it was super helpful! Here’s my feedback:

Matching process:I enjoyed it, felt maybe we could get more tips on how to choose a mentor. I wasn’t sure initially if we should be choosing mentors based on the phase that we are at in our startup or to choose mentors with different backgrounds keeping in mind our whole startup journey. For example we chose 3 mentors that could help us with the research and concept validation phase. We didn’t choose a mentor with a finance background although we knew we would need one later on, but while talking with our mentors and preparing for the sprint assignments and Serail, we thought we could get the help of someone with a finance and even legal background. This is just a minor detail I thought of sharing in case it helps, because I know we can always contact other people throughout the whole startup journey, and still the mentors we were matched with were very helpful!

We did find mentors that could help us. We got enough contact with 2 of the 3 we were matched with (1 call with each of them and the rest of the communication was through emails). But the contact happened a bit late during the sprint phase. I definitely agree with @rida-helbawi and @wael it would be great if we can be matched earlier in the sprint phase.
The mentors helped us during the sprint phase, as well as in preparing for the pitch at the Serail. Their feedback was very helpful and I really appreciated everything they shared with us. We are still in contact with them now to get further feedback because they are experts in the phase we are currently at.

During the event: even though the mentors we were matched with did not attend the event, they still helped us in preparing for it (I really appreciated their prompt replies to our emails). I enjoyed getting introduced to other mentors during the event and pitching Soffa to them because I got live, fresh, and very detailed feedback from them. It was great to see how they reacted to the idea directly on the spot without having any previous knowledge of it, and learning more about their concerns and questions that popped up on their minds.
I think to improve the experience it would be nice to have the names and brief bios of the mentors who are attending the event.

5 Likes

Hello Dara,
I didn’t receive the email from Bilal concerning mentorship, so I pulled it through without being mentored :stuck_out_tongue: But I’m looking forward to listening to all of your feedbacks!

Ah ! Good to know, I wish you had told us earlier so we could do a match. Nevertheless, @bilal and @Tudor and myself will make sure you find your mentor. What are the key areas you’re seeking mentoring on?

Hello guysssss

I extremely missed you and your vibes :frowning:

We’re just underwater proceeding by kharzayaaaaaaaa so we can implement our action plan … And surprises on its way :wink:

Regarding mentoring, first at serial that was great and hope it was a full day mentoring so we can get more and more suggestions and mentoring , as we were fully glad by mentoring results and support on all levels,

Note: Mentors asked for meetings to support our initiative and create collaborations and win win deals :slight_smile: and much more :wink:

Regarding online mentoring, sadly we couldn’t get in touch by our mentor, as we were messed by reformulating our data and team, it wasn’t that easy organizing 1.7 years of data and results in a week, but we did ittttttttttttttt :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

As we are still interested in following up with our mentor if you please :blush: waiting for your approval :relaxed:

Thank uuuu loadssssss
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I found this experience very rewarding and events like this startup are a mark of progress in the development and training . Each idea of this sprint, each day with your team, each person of this family made me really happy and excited to learn and work more!
I am going to really miss each and everyone of you here at Startup Scouts family !

1 Like

Our Open House community will always be open and we’re here anytime for any advise or question you might have. We’re also launching a new round soon and would be happy to have you competing again!

2 Likes

Hi @dara, though my feedback came a bit late but i didnt have the chance to talk or meet with my mentor although we both attempted to it. It was a bit late before the pitch and i couldnt organize another time, i hope in the accelerator program we will have more time and organize it ahead. thanks