My Home pitch and introduction

Hey guys, so this is the video for " My Home". Enjoy!

2 Likes

I think this is a great introduction to the problem and solution. For me I think the issue of the cost is going to be the main sticking point. Could you speak more about the first problem you mentioned, “can I afford to hire an interior designer?” and how My Home resolves this challenge?

Also, I’m not sure I understood, does the platform include the ability for people to upload their dimensions and needs? Otherwise how will they know the price of outfitting their space? How will the designer know how to choose materials?

Lastly is a marketing question, do you know the size of your market? Also any demographics? Are the people who have the interest in hiring an interior designer open to using digital tools? A hypothesis I have is that people also want the human connection and suggestions from a trusted person.

1 Like
  • The solution is simply by not hiring one :joy: but adding the preferred fixtures in a folder and getting the advice of an designer who’s connected to the platform and can give a consultation for the group of fixtures.
  • Specs, when a design is posted, with it will be featured it’s specifications, materials, dimensions …
  • Concerning the size of the market, my market include new home owners ( which is easy to identify) and also home owners who wish to redesign or add some fixtures.
  • For people who want to hire an interior designer, once you open the possibility of consultation this will lead to further questions and eventually recruitment of designers if the person desires.
  • Concerning the human contact, I answered to that in point 1

Thanks for the feedback @bilal hope I was able to give clear answers.

1 Like

Hi @Marc, great intro, and interesting challenge area. And nice to hear about your scout experience (I was a long-time scout as well, and I suppose a life-long scout :slight_smile: ) and your volunteer work.

Two quick questions for you:
• What kind of validation / interviews / testing have you done thus far for your MyHome project?
• Can you tell us briefly about the status overall?

Thanks much, and good luck! :shamrock:

Hi @Marc, I agree with you that we all need a well decorated home. However, hiring a designer or at least getting their feedback is preferred. Designers always have better approach, more information about the newest technology and they do create the mood the client likes.
So creating a platform for connecting home owners to designers is a great way to emphasis their role in designing. They could give free advices or paid ones.
Have you started working on the development of the platform, or at least have you decided on the features you will be adding?
Since Muchroom is also related to interior design, we can collaborate with you in a way to have two platforms that complement each other.

Hey!
So far my validation came in with just having personal interviews with friends and family who are decorating their home.
The project is still in it’s beginning with only a business plan ready.

True! Personally I agree and I think that a designer is a must, but not everyone agrees, this is why I suggested the possibility to ask for a simple consultation or even hire completely a designer.
Yes I have started the design of the platform and regrouping some ideas on it’s content.
Yes ! That would be great! I am up for anything and I think exchange of ideas is a must.

1 Like

Hey @Marc

I think there’s a trend in this Bootcamp cycle. there are 3 architecture/interior architecture start ups.
That’s you and @maria.hasrouny, @fadi.hasrouni Muchroom team and @kifahbanna Baytbaytak.

Forming 1 start up is out of the picture because i can imagine the shares distribution will never work. But an alliance just like @maria.hasrouny mentioned will help you guys emerge better, faster, stronger.

There’s one thing i know as an ecommercer. Putting pictures of your products online is a pain in the ass and if i’m gonna do it. i will surely try to do it myself ( selling online ) before giving in and uploading my endless ( when it comes to interior products) products to another platform.
Also, copywriting isn’t easy. describing every product… well think about it.
How will you convince a showroom owner to put his products online?

I raise the case of Moodfit one more time. These guys just received $400k have developed a decent design program and are killing it. How will you compete with such a driving force emerging from the lebanese market? What will you add to over power them and every other competition? @maria.hasrouny you included.

Partnership is key in your startup so what are your main partnership projections?

Last but not least. The team (or one person) developing your MVP part of your startup or are they outsiders?

Venture On!

2 Likes

Hey Rabih! I personally would love to have more information on your experience with ecommerce having what I am proposing is basically an ecommerce platform.
Concerning moodfit, the platform connects householders to designers, I am proposing a connection with sellers and products with a consultation

Can this consultation add-on be transformed into a chat bot?

1 Like

That’s exactly what I picture it to be ! :wink:

1 Like

Showrooms nowadays are having less in-person sales, and they are posting photos of products on their facebook and instagram pages.

We will not compete with them, we will cooperate with them.

Do you have any stores online? Can you please tell us more about your experience?

@fadi.hasrouni
@Marc
Check out www.beirutronics.com. this an electronic parts ( Arduino, Raspberry pie, sensors… ) E-store my friends and I own.
It’s been online for 7 months now. We imported all of our products directly from China and Italy.
We target schools and University students.
The most valuable thing I’ve learned was: your clients want their products now and without a delivery charge. Satisfy these conditions and you’re golden.

1 Like

@maria.hasrouny
Posting a picture on Facebook is one thing and putting that picture up on your website is another.
They usually put out like 6-10 pictures/week but we’re talking about tones of products each shot individually. Will you be the one taking the pictures? That’s how AirBnB started. They would head to the appointments that were listed and take professional photos to be put up on the website for better conversion.

you are right. But we’ve already pitched our idea in front of different showrooms managers and owners and they all agree that selling online is a must.

We will provide photography services for extra cost

1 Like

Will that be from the beginning or at a later stage?

I’m not trying to pull you down. But I’m making up possible scenarios.
They agreed that selling online is a must. I can agree with you on 1000 things but will I get off my lazy ass and do them? Will do something that’s not in my job description and won’t make me any extra money ( as an employee at a showroom )?
Once I have 1000 product pictures. Why wouldn’t I just open up my own online store? What would make your online store better? Why should I consider putting in that extra effort and pain (description writing)?

It’s never to early to answer the BIG question: WHY YOU?

A kind suggestion: expanding to international markets can be achieved if you include 360 degree product photography with real size measurements. Setting up a big 360 degree photography rig is expensive but you can rent it out to showrooms. The best part, you can dive into VR interior design. Think about it :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Great questions @rabih