OhmyCat introductory video

Hi all!
Here’s the link to our introductory video: https://youtu.be/JVoVjwsUt8M

It’s been crazy so I’ve been out for a bit.
So excited to see all your videos!

Happy labor day everybody!

3 Likes

I love how you said “Oh My Cat” truly reflects your passion.

Is your new co-founder a techy? if yes i would personally suggest not to add someone technical at this point. You can build your own website using shopify or woocommerce. they are super easy and user friendly. i can show you how to do it. Building websites isn’t as hard as you think. We (developers) usually charge you high costs because you think it’s hard… it’s not.

I know you’re distributing with wakilini. that’s great to know.

How are you dividing your marketing budget? Facebook? insta? Printables?

Do you build everything from scratch? or do you import them from china and remodel?

How do you go about customizing cat’s furniture?

Have you considered expanding to cat’s clothing?

AAAAAAAND… what about dogs?

Kudos on hiking and diving. have you been to Chekka this season yet?

Good job on targeting an underappreciated market.

2 Likes

Great pitch @razan. Such a natural.

The problem is very well articulated. Actually the whole script is. You could have easily cut off at 1:30 min and I would have well understood you, your product and the problem behind it.

Was just waiting for Sultan to make a surprise appearance :frowning:

I know you’re well underway in validating the problem. Have you decided whether or not you will pursue more channels (than just your website) to get customers?

1 Like

Like selling on hicart.com, uae.souq.com or even partner up with petriotics. Also, fazlaket is always open.

2 Likes

@rabih
My new cofounder has a wood workshop that has been operating for 2 years now, she’s an expert on wood, also a designer and an architect.
I’m building my own website with some help of friends here and there. There’s no way I’m wasting my preliminary budget on something this rudimentary at this point. Having said this, and coming from a design background, it was hell for me to start understand how godaddy and wordpress work, and how to link both, etc…
I’m switching to Wixx as I’ve found it to be way easier, and really its like diy_websites for dummies.
Not yet distributing with Wakilni, but Petriotics do, and I know they’re awesome.
I build everything from scratch.
I have two lines, customized and ready made stuff.
No cat clothing, I plan to stay very particular to furniture.
DOOOOGS are coming soon on a separate project. - guess the name of the startup

I haven’t been to Chekka this season yet, no. I’ve been in Jounieh/Jbeil/Batroun mostly, where I do most of my dives. Do you also dive?

Thanks man, for the questions and for the advice.
I’ll link you to the website as soon as I have something concrete and ready to show. And I’ll definitely hit you up with some questions, I seem to have a lot of them when it comes to website building.

I want to venture out to selling on different platforms for sure.
We’re in talks with Petriotics already, and slowly expanding to the others!

@Dana thank you!! :smiley:

Hahah I wanted to get him on board, he was on my lap when I was making the video actually!!

1 Like

Awesome! Backward expansion buying-ish your supplier. Hopefully it will work out.
Stick with WordPress. Woocommerce is expanding indefinitely. Also, buy “single product theme template” on themeforest.com for 50-60$.
boom! now you’re a web developer.
Wix, familiar with the builder but never tried it to be honest. If you’re going with it. Don’t hold back the questions.

OhMyDog! OhMyDog! OhMyDog! OhMyDog! OhMyDog! OhMyDog!

My friends call it suicide attempts. But I call it cliff diving.
If you’re referring to traditional scuba diving. I’ve never done it.

Kudos💪(just pretend it’s black)

1 Like

@rabih
Actually, I did a lot of research on comparing Wix vs. Shopify yesterday, turns out Shopify works best for what I need at this point.
I started fiddling with it yesterday, it’s pretty cool.
So I think I’ve made up my mind and switching to Shopify -and their online support is amazing.
Let’s see how this goes.

OhmyDog it is!! clap clap clap

Adrenaline before the cliff dive is unmatched. If you’ve never done scuba though, you should give it a try, at least once. Become a fish for the day and float in the endless waters.

Hey @razan

Was ecomz not the right fit?

@Dana I contacted them, because I would love to work with local initiatives for sure.
But Shopify has been online for way too long, and its really easy to manipulate and directly design and develop the website.
I’m just going with what is the most practical at this point.

2 Likes

@razan
Awesome! Can’t wait to check out the website.

3 Likes

Same here @razan ! I’m glad you didn’t wind up choosing Wix! I’m not a fan. Shopify works although I’m with @rabih on the woocommerce being a great platform build on top of a great platform. I use it for my shop and like it’s customizability, yet when you’re just starting paying for services to test a hypothesis makes so much sense.

Is the site up yet? Let us know so we can check it out :slight_smile:
+BG

1 Like

Hey @bilal the site is www.ohmycat.co, I know @razan has been very busy taking beautiful shots for the site.

Hello
Was wondering if you had done any market reserach on cat ownership in Lebanon, or any other metrics that can give you something on market size

1 Like