Prompt 5: 10 Ideas to market your business that cost nothing

The Prompt For Today:

Try to come up with at least 10 different ideas about how to market your project for $0.

I’m adding my response to the comments below. Now onward for your dose of inspiration.

Here’s a question to ponder.

Where does inspiration come from?

It’s a real question, I will not pretend to know the answer.
What is a Muse?

Let’s say you meet someone and fall madly in love and start writing poems, dream of creative dates, and feel full of energy and inspiration. Who is doing that? Where is it coming from?

I wont land on any side of the muse question. What I will say is that waiting for that to strike is always a bad bet. Let’s get moving. (I added a photo of Peggy for inspiration… just in case :slight_smile: )

I read The War of Art and was so inspired. How is your life, your business even, can be your art.

3 Likes

My answers:

1. Start a youtube channel making timely relevant videos which redirect to my page
  2. Writing a book and giving it away for free to popular websites looking to give away value
  3. Making awesome slogans with my messaging on threadless and letting people pay me to market my ideas on teeshirts they will wear
  4. Graffiti my URL on the wall
  5. Literally tell everyone I meet about my product and try to get their email
  6. Create an easy to access site where people can popular music of the day with my message subliminally embedded in the low frequencies
  7. Stamp “there’s more where this came from” on 1000 10thou lebanese bills
  8. Go to a movie theatre and yell about your startup
  9. Go to every conceivable meetup / event for the next month and promote your startup there.
  10. Wear an outrageous miniskirt and get the tete’s to gossip about you over Sunday brunch with the family. Brainstorm ways to get people to gossip.
1 Like

@bilal another interesting book to read is Zero to One, about building startups. I’m currently reading this book :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome @dania.jradi - Add that (and maybe a little about what you learned so far) to the #ss-open:resources category :)!
+BG

There are many networking activities for free
Also you can do a tiny status /video social media and make your friends share it
Also you can do whats up group and ask your friends to share your news
Do a fan page at facebook

2 Likes

Just read that!!! This is soooooo motivating and inspiring :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I wanna see your 10!

1 Like

This is how I get inspired!
1-I look around and get inspired by how people live and bahave
2-I research a lot when I’m working and get inspired by things that were already done
3-I look at photos and see a lot out of them
4-I talk to friends or colleagues that I trust and hear their feedback
5-I think a lot
6-I love to create and so I get inspired from that
7-I brainstorm, write down the ideas and then get inspired from them
8-I walk around sometimes getting inspired by something out there
9-I follow inspiring people
10-I smile :smiley:

My idea is to train women in ICT and women empowerment n ICT Sectors trough software development and innovation, ICT has the unlimited potential to significantly contribute to increasing the social welfare of women.
The programme will be part of commitment to localisation, technology transferring to Nigeria and employment opportunity in our society and consequently reduce the poverty alleviation level.
Usbin IT Concepts orientation programme on ICT Basic Knowledge for female students is not a one time off event. On the contrary, it will develop this campaign into a long-term project.
The training will also enable us to create an ICT talents pool and some of the trainees will become Nigeria employees and at the same time they will be able to establish on their own. Its goal is to ensure more girls embrace and adopt careers in ICTs Technology.
The Usbin IT will teach animation, website development, blogging, software development, graphics design, games, computer programming, system maintenance etc.

Our organization has experience in the web and graphics world, which gives us a comparative advantage over others. Our technical expertise allows us to offer e-solutions such as web templates, web design, e-commerce, e-exam, printing services, and design services and other graphical elements.
SOLUTION
We embark on empowered the beneficiaries with cash to establish on their own business. The refunding for the cash/laptop will be ipaid by instalment for a period of six months with addition of 10%.

Hey guys, there s a few of my ideas:

1. Send promotional products to influencers- to industry magazines.
  2. Creating live social media content.
  3. Send promotions on WhatsApp broadcast and get friends and family to share.
  4. Participate to university events.
  5. Partake in university classes related to the industry.
  6. Install free products to people that are looked at in their community, city, village.
  7. Create meet and greet events at local distributors to demonstrate products.
  8. Create emotionally loaded videos that are likely to get shared and possibly go viral on social media.
  9. Encourage our users to share videos of themselves using our products.
  10. Cooperate with our users for the creation of new products and designs
  11. Have as many partnerships possible with companies that have products that complete ours.
  12. Attend as many events possible that reach our targeted segment and network.
  13. Have a blog were we share our insight/expertise on topics related to our industry.
1 Like

I think we have a pretty awesome list all together here! Anyone else? @mallah.amine :slight_smile:
+BG

Let’s share mine then, (marketing a software product):

1. giving away a side project for free, the company will later ask if i have another solution for another problem.
  2. get to know more about other people’s businesses, you’ll find a problem your product can solve
  3. put the product logo on your porsche, people will market it through their snaps lol
  4. give away your advice, they’ll later want to find out about you -> your product
  5. participate in uni clubs and events, free direct marketing
  6. price your software low for the first time, you’ll be surprised about how your client will tell others about you
  7. make funny and stupid ads, people love stupid stuff
  8. when you call a prospect, don’t go straight to business, talk about his favorite sports or something like that, he’s a friend not a prospect afterall
  9. get sponsors and give away free food for downloading your app
  10. don’t force people to get your solution, tell him “try this app maybe it’ll help you”
  11. Profit