[Reflect / Plan ] Week 1 for Fadi Hasrouny

This is your weekly review, we will be asking similar questions every week. Remember the only person you’re “competing” with is yourself. Our goal is to become our better self day by day.

How would you rank your personal effectiveness this last week?
1: Doing things without a system. Scatter shot effort.
2: Building processes haven’t yet applied them
3: Having processes refining them where they fail.
4: Straight B’s
5: I’m a master at efficiency

0 voters

Did you comment on at least five different teams posts this week?

• Yes
  • Next Time

0 voters

How many days this week did you show up for your startup?

0 voters

Answer the following in the reply box below:
How did things go with your goals from last week?

What are your personal goals for next week?

What are the most important things for your project this coming week?

What could you do to increase your effectiveness by 1% next week?

What is THE most important thing that, if you finish it, you can call the week a success?

How will you celebrate when you succeed?

@fadi.hasrouni

1- My last week goals were to help with the terms sent by the lawyer. Everything went great and it is done now.
2- Finish working on my 2 freelance project (Gear VR, and Barbershop management system)
3- Take laravel courses from udemy that will help me progress in my project
4- Get a big amount of sleep
5- Finish udemy laravel course
6- I will celebrate by going out having fun with friends

1 Like

Awesome! Glad to hear the lawyer work is over, what did you do to celebrate? It could be something small, like a high five or going out for a coffee.
I totally agree that sleep can help with effectiveness.
Wishing you luck to finish your Laravel course! How’s it going? Has it been useful?

A question for you and @maria.hasrouny, for your project. Rather than developing everything (this is why you’re studying Laravel right?) straight away, what can you do to make a test of the system using off the shelf components? Here’s a great post about different examples of people being a “concierge” for their project before they had any money or time for development and were able to get lots of validation for their work. If you felt inspired, I’d love it if you wrote me 3-5 ways you can create the very basics of the Muchroom experience without any development.

1 Like

Laravel is a free, open-source PHP web framework, created by Taylor Otwell and intended for the development of web applications. I am studying it so i can manage my website and add new features.
Concering that article it is a great help thanks.
I thinks we can create the very basics of MuchRoom experience by getting the list of a number of showrooms first and then get to see what products they have. Then i can spread the words, if any body needs something i can manage to tell him which showroom(or instagram page) he can visit to find his product. I’d also ask for reviews and comments. I don’t if those are the ways that your question was about but this is what i’d do.

1 Like

This is a great article and a good strategy to test the validity of our idea. But what we did was different. We asked some friends and designers about the ways they usually use to search for products, and what are the main problems they face. We then explain our concept and how it can help them improve their shopping experience, and we listened to their feedback. And then we started the development.

As designer, I usually search for products for my clients. I think by doing so I consider myself as “concierge” for my project. Why? because I do exactly what users will be doing when surfing MuchRoom:

• Searching for products
  • Creating a list of products for each room
  • Contact the showroom and buy the products.

I totally agree with “Mathieu Nebra” saying: By doing the work yourself, you’ll learn much faster what people are waiting for.

1 Like