[Reflect / Plan] Week 1 for the bkwrms Team

These questions are to be discussed and answered together as a team:

What are the most important things that the team will work on this coming week?

What is THE most important thing that, if you finish it, you can call the week a success?

How will you celebrate when you succeed?
@ghidamouazen @mahmoud_trabulsi

Finalizing database design and app workflow, and the logo design

Getting the logo done

Beers :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Are these tasks for both team members? Are there any customer development activities happening in parallel?

:slight_smile:

@Dana well each task has a person in charge to manage communication with the people we are working with (developer and designer), but every task is being tackled by both of us.

Concerning customer development activities, we already had a survey with over 140 readers, and we met some bookshop and freelance booksellers and we got validation for some points, and honestly we are not sure of what should be doing as a next step (we thought that after producing a prototype and giving bookshops a free trial we can get more feedback, and we can know more).
If there’s any advice this would be more than welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mahmoud_trabulsi - you’re spot on about this. The sooner you can get a first customer and make something they LOVE the better.

Here’s a great post about different examples of people being a “concierge” for their project before they had any money or time for development. If you’re inspired, after reading it please give me at least 4 ideas about how you can run your project as a concierge :slight_smile:
+BG

1 Like

@bilal here are my ideas

1- the most simple thing would be getting what books are available in 2-3 bookshops/freelance sellers and place them on an excel sheet, and we would go for some book clubs and see if they’d be interested to search for books in a simple way

2- We can design a simple database (extremely basic programming) and do the same process as in idea number 1

3- We can start with something virtual (non-real database) with readers/book clubs and I can show my results to bookshops/freelance sellers

4- We can buy some books, start the service on a small scale and measure the results

Do any of these ideas appeal to you? Would you be willing to pick one and try it out?

@bilal 2 or 4
But I’d see what Ghida has to say

1 Like

Hey @mahmoud_trabulsi it’s time to analyze the data :nerd_face: analyzing means setting some sort of “success” criteria so you know what has been invalidated or validated.

So you said you validated some points? Keep these features/products/services etc.

What did you invalidate? Remove these.

And retest!

Go to the old bookstores and the new ones. Some of the old bookstores might not be interested in giving you a second chance but all you need are a few testers. When you persist you’ll get closer to product-market fit.

I could help develop what the “test” looks like. The idea is to just get out of the building and test!

2 Likes