[Reflect / Plan ] Week 1 for the Fazleket Team

These questions are to be discussed and answered together as a team:

What are the most important things that the team will work on this coming week?

What is THE most important thing that, if you finish it, you can call the week a success?

How will you celebrate when you succeed?
@rabih @ahmedHamandi @wassimziade @hiba.naja

The team is divided into 2 groups. The developers and the designers:

The developers will have to get the product’s pictures up on the website and ready to be customized. Also, setting up the mobile version landing page would be a huge extra.

The designers will be sketching out our identity, a main post template and a product template. Also, they’ll be drawing the timeline for everyday’s post. Some templates would be picked out from international design bundles and original Arabic material will be created.

Marketing and advertising strategies will be discussed next week.

If we Finish uploading the products and the landing page. We’re open for business.

Through the upcoming few days we will be working on creating the identity of Fazlaket. A unique look and identity for our posts, templates and main designs are to be created.
If we succeed, we shall achieve our goal,and ready to launch!

1 Like

I’d love to see any updates on designs here. Perhaps you can post it in your team category and ask for feedback from the other teams :)! @hiba.naja

@hiba.naja @rabih There’s a lot of clear organization here and delegation of roles.

How do you manage these tasks amidst your other jobs? Do you have set hours?

have you set deadlines for the various tasks?

I recommend you take those tasks and be as specific as possible:

• Including deadlines
  • Specific numbers (so with the product pictures, how many is it? which products should be up first?)
  • What sort of process does the Fazlaket design development have to go through? Design is usually never achieved on the first try, so it’s good to understand the exact map that must follow once version 1 is complete.

As for celebration… the launch is a great milestone but how will you reward your own selves. You deserve it!

We’ve drawn a development map both for the front end and back end. All wire frames have been designed and are being translated as we speak. Pictures are being retouched to have the same white background. There are around 150 phone cases. 200ish printable products that are going to be revealed 100 up front and 20 per week. So we’d always have new products to reveal on social media.

We are planning the launch to be 10 days post election day.

1 Like

I had the website a look, it resembles canva so much (are you familiar).

Anyway, I LOVE canva. Except sometimes Lebanese internet speed just isn’t enough for it.

@rabih my first thought was… WHOA 150 phone cases and 200 products? Have you heard of the 80/20 pareto law? It’s a tool to help you understand your business. It represents that 20% of your products represent 80% of your sales.

A great place to focus (or start) is on that 20% but no doubt the remaining 80% helps bring in customers in the long run.

I use canva on a daily basis. I admit I’m guilty of stealing its UI but then again why reinvent the wheel.

I will surely look it up. What we’re heading for is to become a hub for everything related to printing. So whatever you want to print you’ll have one destination… Fazlaket.com

1 Like

@rabih not guilty at all! Creativity doesn’t have to be about reinventing the wheel.

So the 80/20 is really about doing more with less. When you know what 20% of your products represent 80% of your sales, you can focus on them more and ensure they meet customer demands without feeling overstretched.

What products represent the 20% at fazlaket?

@Dana
The main products are: t-shirts, phone covers, mugs, flyers and business cards.
What do you suggest? What product would lead you to visit fazlaket?
Everything else is just fazlaket. Like a set of 70cm high aluminum angel wings. I’ll send you a picture once they’re done.

1 Like

This is lean thinking. Great question. I don’t know yet but when you have the website up, I’d love to test. Share it with my friends, and using something like HotJar learn what your “signature items” should be.

In grocery stores, it’s usually the milk, water and coffee that always keep people coming back so frequently. So fazlaket needs something that’s no “fazlaket”.

Are you targetting corprorate too?

Corporate is not fit for “fazlaket”. The name is not professional it’s too playful.
So we’re keeping the corporate part until we have good traction on the website. In the same time we’re gonna launch another website purely ecommerce without a designer to target corporate, printing brokers and wholesale.

The things that are not fazlaket: Flyers, Business cards and tshirts. These things never grow old.